Bridge Engineering Manager
Helena, MT – Preferred Bozeman, MT; Kalispell, MT
$110,000 to $130,000/yr Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Engineering Manager. This individual will work with the management team and our existing transportation service groups to develop and build a Bridge Group. A successful candidate is one who is highly motivated, team-oriented, technically proficient, and has a strong reputation in the market sector. This position is supported by our strategic development plans and has the opportunity to be an integral part of RPA’s leadership team.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is an award-winning 100 percent employee-owned (ESOP) full-service civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm with offices in Helena, Kalispell, and Bozeman, Montana. We take pride in our personalized service and sterling reputation for designing practical and sustainable engineering solutions for public and private clients across the northwest. We are an employee-focused company and offer excellent benefits, family-oriented atmosphere, and great work/home life balance.
We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide exceptional benefits that include:
- Employer retirement contributions of up to 25 percent of earnings with no employee match required.
- Generous firm-wide bonus structure for all employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid time for any hours exceeding 40 per week.
- Three (3) weeks of paid annual leave per year for new employees. Four (4) weeks after service time requirements.
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two (2) paid personal days per year.
- Six (6) days of paid sick leave per year.
- Paid health insurance, HSA, and flexible medical spending options.
- Paid professional registrations, continuing education, and leadership training.
- Matching charitable donations through RPA Gives Program.
- 100% employee-owned company.
RPA is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The Bridge Engineering Manager will be responsible for helping develop and grow a new Bridge Group while also serving as the bridge engineering technical lead. This expanded service area will support our highly ranked and successful transportation disciplines. In this role you will lead, manage, and perform design, analysis, and other structural engineering tasks for bridge systems and components on transportation projects across the northwest. You will also work with the management team to develop and execute marketing and business development strategies. This position functions under the direction of the RPA management team and will primarily support the Streets and Highways Group. This position may manage additional positions as determined by workload and staffing needs. Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Develop and manage a new Bridge Group in support of our current transportation service areas.
- Serve as a Lead Engineer or Project Manager for bridge engineering projects.
- Serve as bridge market lead to support road and highway design projects.
- Perform complex structural planning, analysis, and design in support of transportation projects.
- Work with the management team to evaluate staffing needs and targeted hires.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers to support development and growth opportunities.
- Work with the management team to develop marketing strategies and client development plans.
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with people. We will consider applicants with varied experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit leadership skills and have the desire to lead the development and growth of this expanded service area. The following are desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineering license in Montana. Additional licensure in other western states is also desired.
- Ten (10)+ years of progressive experience in bridge design.
- Eight (8) years of experience in project/group management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and ability to work with various teams.
- Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software.
- Superior attention to detail and technical proficiency.
- Experience and established working relationships with the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions.
- Ability and desire to develop and mentor staff.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org