Helena, MT -Preferred
$55,000 to $80,000/year Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic/Transportation Engineer. This individual will work closely with our Transportation Planning and Operations staff to help with the preparation of traffic engineering studies, active transportation design, corridor plans, long-range transportation plans, and safety studies. They will be responsible for identifying and evaluating improvement alternatives, performing traffic operations analyses, building traffic simulation models, and developing 3D concept renderings. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in transportation and the interpersonal skills to interface with clients and the public. Key traits include self-motivation, team-oriented, technically proficient, and ability to work as a team.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is an award-winning 100 percent employee-owned (ESOP) full-service civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm with offices in Helena, Kalispell, and Bozeman, Montana. We take pride in our personalized service and sterling reputation for designing practical and sustainable engineering solutions for public and private clients across the northwest. We are an employee-focused company and offer excellent benefits, family-oriented atmosphere, and great work/home life balance.
We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide exceptional benefits that include:
- Employer retirement contributions of up to 25 percent of earnings with no employee match required.
- Generous firm-wide bonus structure for all employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid time for any hours exceeding 40 per week.
- Three (3) weeks of paid annual leave per year for new employees. Four (4) weeks after service time requirements.
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two (2) paid personal days per year.
- Six (6) days of paid sick leave per year.
- Paid health insurance, HSA, and flexible medical spending options.
- Paid professional registrations, continuing education, and leadership training.
- Matching charitable donations through RPA Gives Program.
- 100% employee-owned company.
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with people. We will consider applicants with varied experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit leadership skills and strong technical knowledge in highway design. The following are desired qualifications:
- Traffic Engineering Specialist: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field; 0-4 years of experience.
- Traffic/Transportation Engineer: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field plus Professional Engineering license in Montana or ability to obtain within six (6) months; 4-8 years of experience.
- Superior attention to detail, technical proficiency, and desire to work as a team.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle tight deadlines.
- Preferred experience using traffic simulation programs such as Synchro, SimTraffic, and Vissim.
- A positive attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our employee-owned culture and alignment with our Core Values.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions.
- Ability and desire to develop and mentor staff.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume along with application to: firstname.lastname@example.org