Senior Traffic/Transportation Engineer
Kalispell, MT – Potential
$85,000 to $110,000/year Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Traffic/Transportation Engineer. This individual will work as a Team Leader in the preparation of traffic engineering studies, active transportation designs, corridor plans, long-range transportation plans, and safety studies. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in transportation and the interpersonal skills to interface with clients and the public. Key traits include self-motivation, team-oriented, technically proficient, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to develop and mentor staff.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is an award-winning 100 percent employee-owned (ESOP) full-service civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm with offices in Helena, Kalispell, and Bozeman, Montana. We take pride in our personalized service and sterling reputation for designing practical and sustainable engineering solutions for public and private clients across the northwest. We are an employee-focused company and offer excellent benefits, family-oriented atmosphere, and great work/home life balance.
We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide exceptional benefits that include:
- Employer retirement contributions of up to 25 percent of earnings with no employee match required.
- Generous firm-wide bonus structure for all employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid time for any hours exceeding 40 per week.
- Three (3) weeks of paid annual leave per year for new employees. Four (4) weeks after service time requirements.
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two (2) paid personal days per year.
- Six (6) days of paid sick leave per year.
- Paid health insurance, HSA, and flexible medical spending options.
- Paid professional registrations, continuing education, and leadership training.
- Matching charitable donations through RPA Gives Program.
- 100% employee-owned company.
The Senior Traffic/Transportation Engineer will serve as a Team Leader or Project Manager on traffic and transportation engineering projects across the northwest. This position will support our highly ranked and successful Transportation Planning and Operations Group. In this role, you will lead a team to identify and evaluate improvement alternatives, perform traffic operations analyses, develop traffic simulation models, and create visualizations and 3D concept renderings. You will also work within the group to support marketing and business development strategies. Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Serve as a discipline lead for traffic and transportation engineering on projects varying in size and scope.
- Plan and manage all aspects of small- to medium-sized projects.
- Perform various roles on multi-disciplinary projects including technical support, traffic engineering leader, review, and/or client-facing project manager.
- Coordinate and build effective relationships with clients, government agencies, and other professionals.
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance to junior engineers.
- Preparation of written reports, calculations, and other documentation.
- Support the development of marketing strategies and client development plans.
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with people. We will consider applicants with varied experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit leadership skills and strong technical knowledge in traffic engineering. The following are desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering license in Montana or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience in traffic/transportation engineering.
- Two (2) years of experience as a lead engineer or project manager.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and ability to work with various teams.
- Expertise using traffic simulation programs such as Synchro, SimTraffic, and Vissim.
- Experience using design programs such as Civil 3D or Microstation (desirable).
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with the ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability and desire to develop and mentor staff.
- A positive attitude and commitment to be an active participant in our employee-owned culture and alignment with our Core Values.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume along with application to: firstname.lastname@example.org