Senior Highway Engineer
Helena, MT -Preferred
Bozeman, MT; Kalispell, MT
$95,000 to $110,000/yr Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Highway Engineer. This individual will provide team leadership and technical support on transportation design projects within the Streets and Highways Group. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive range of roadway design experience related to transportation infrastructure projects. Key traits include self-motivation, team-oriented, technically proficient, and strong leadership characteristics. This position has great opportunity for advancement and future leadership.
The Senior Highway Engineer will serve as a design team leader on highway design projects across the northwest. This position will support our highly ranked and successful Streets and Highways Group. In this role, you will lead a team to design, analyze, and provide technical expertise for transportation design projects including rural highways, urban streets, roundabouts, and complex interchanges. You will also work within the group to support marketing and business development strategies. Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Serve as a discipline lead for roadway design on projects of varying size and scope.
- Plan and manage all aspects of small- to medium-sized projects.
- Be a design or team leader on complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Coordinate and build effective relationships with clients, government agencies, and other professionals.
- Perform various roles on multi-disciplinary projects including technical support, design leader, review, and/or client facing project manager.
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance to junior engineers.
- Preparation of written reports, calculations, and other design documentation.
Support the development of marketing strategies and client development plans
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with people. We will consider applicants with varied experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit leadership skills and strong technical knowledge in highway design. The following are desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering license in Montana or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Eight years of (8) years of progressive experience in transportation engineering.
- Four (4) years of experience as a lead designer or project manager.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and ability to work with various teams.
- Experience using roadway design programs such as MicroStation, GEOPAK, and Civil3D (highly desirable).
- Superior attention to detail and technical proficiency.
- Experience working with the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions.
- Ability and desire to develop and mentor staff.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is a very well-respected small business based in Montana. We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide exceptional benefits that include:
- Employer retirement contributions of up to 25 percent of earnings with no employee match required.
- Generous firm-wide bonus structure for all employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid time for any hours exceeding 40 per week.
- Three (3) weeks of paid annual leave per year for new employees. Four (4) weeks after service time requirements.
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two (2) paid personal days per year.
- Six (6) days of paid sick leave per year.
- Paid health insurance, HSA, and flexible medical spending options.
- Paid professional registrations, continuing education, and leadership training.
- Matching charitable donations through RPA Gives Program.
- 100% employee-owned company.
RPA is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org