Project Manager – Streets and Highways
Helena, MT -Preferred
Bozeman, MT Kalispell, MT
$100,000 to $110,000/year Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Highway Design Project Manager. This individual will lead transportation design projects and provide staff leadership within the Streets and Highways Group. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive range of roadway design and management experience related to transportation infrastructure projects. Key traits include strong leadership characteristics, communication skills, team-oriented, and technically proficient. This position has great opportunity for advancement and future leadership.
This position will serve as a project manager on highway design projects across the northwest. This position will support our highly ranked and successful Streets and Highways Group. In this role, you will lead a team to design, analyze, and provide technical expertise for transportation design projects including rural highways, urban streets, roundabouts, and complex interchanges. You will also work within the group to support marketing and business development strategies. Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Plan and manage all aspects of small- to large-sized projects.
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance to junior engineers.
- Serve as a discipline lead for roadway design on complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Coordinate and build effective relationships with clients, government agencies, and other professionals.
- Perform various roles on multi-disciplinary projects including project management, design review, technical support, lead design, and/or client management.
- Manage the preparation of written reports, calculations, and other design documentation.
- Support the development of marketing strategies and client development plans.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is an award-winning 100 percent employee-owned (ESOP) full-service civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm with offices in Helena, Kalispell, and Bozeman, Montana. We take pride in our personalized service and sterling reputation for designing practical and sustainable engineering solutions for public and private clients across the northwest. We are an employee-focused company and offer excellent benefits, family-oriented atmosphere, and great work/home life balance.
We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide exceptional benefits that include:
- Employer retirement contributions of up to 25 percent of earnings with no employee match required.
- Generous firm-wide bonus structure for all employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid time for any hours exceeding 40 per week.
- Three (3) weeks of paid annual leave per year for new employees. Four (4) weeks after service time requirements.
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two (2) paid personal days per year.
- Six (6) days of paid sick leave per year.
- Paid health insurance, HSA, and flexible medical spending options.
- Paid professional registrations, continuing education, and leadership training.
- Matching charitable donations through RPA Gives Program.
- 100% employee-owned company.
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with people. We will consider applicants with varied experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit leadership skills and strong technical knowledge in highway design. The following are desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering license in Montana or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Eight years (8) years of progressive experience in transportation engineering.
- Four (4) years of experience as a project manager or lead designer.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and ability to work with various teams.
- Experience using roadway design programs such as MicroStation, GEOPAK, or Civil3D (highly desirable).
- Superior attention to detail and technical proficiency.
- Experience working with the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) or the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions.
- Ability and desire to develop and mentor staff.
- A positive attitude and commitment to be an active participant in our employee-owned culture and alignment with our Core Values.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org