Designer/Engineer – Structural Group
Bozeman, MT -Preferred
Helena, MT Kalispell, MT
$65,000 to $90,000/year Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Designer/Engineer. This position will serve as an entry- to mid-level designer/engineer for our Structural Group which provides excellent design and service to a multitude of clients with very diverse project types including commercial buildings, water/wastewater infrastructure, existing building adaptive re-use, and single/multi-family residential. In this role, you will work as a team to perform design calculations, prepare related reports, assist with preparation of construction documents, and provide construction administration under direction of the Project Manager. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in structural engineering and building design. Key traits include self-motivation, team-oriented, technically proficient, and ability to work as a team.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is an award-winning 100% employee-owned (ESOP) full-service civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm with offices in Helena, Kalispell, and Bozeman, Montana. We take pride in our personalized service and sterling reputation for designing practical and sustainable engineering solutions for public and private clients across the northwest. We are an employee-focused company and offer excellent benefits, family-oriented atmosphere, and great work/home life balance.
We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide exceptional benefits that include:
- Employer retirement contributions of up to 25 percent of earnings with no employee match required.
- Generous firm-wide bonus structure for all employees.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid time for any hours exceeding 40 per week.
- Three (3) weeks of paid annual leave per year for new employees. Four (4) weeks after service time requirements.
- Seven (7) paid holidays plus two (2) paid personal days per year.
- Six (6) days of paid sick leave per year.
- Paid health insurance, HSA, and flexible medical spending options.
- Paid professional registrations, continuing education, and leadership training.
- Matching charitable donations through RPA Gives Program.
- 100% employee-owned company.
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with people. We will consider applicants with varied experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit leadership skills and strong technical knowledge in structural design. The following are desired qualifications:
- Structural Designer: Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or related field with emphasis in structural engineering; Engineering Intern certificate or ability to obtain within six (6) months; 0-4 years of experience.
- Structural Engineer: Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or related field with emphasis in structural engineering; Professional Engineering license in Montana or ability to obtain within six (6) months; 4-8 years of experience.
- Superior attention to detail, technical proficiency, and desire to work as a team.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in Revit (preferred) and FEM.
- Engineering building structures with steel, concrete, masonry, and wood, or equivalent college courses.
- A positive attitude and commitment to be an active participant in our employee-owned culture and alignment with our Core Values.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume along with application to: firstname.lastname@example.org