Anticipated Base Salary
$50,000 to $70,000 (full-time)
Depends on Experience
Open until filled
ROBERT PECCIA & ASSOCIATES (RPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Technician. This individual will be responsible for on-site construction observation, inspection, and testing to determine conformance with the plans and specifications at the direction of the lead Engineer. The successful candidate will have a background in construction or engineering technology. The firm’s projects are frequently out-of-town, and out-of-town travel and/or temporary relocation may be required.
Company Culture and Benefits
RPA is an award-winning 100 percent employee-owned (ESOP) full-service civil engineering, planning, and land surveying firm with offices in Helena, Kalispell, and Bozeman, Montana. We take pride in our personalized service and sterling reputation for planning and designing practical and sustainable solutions for public and private clients across the northwest. We are an employee-focused company and offer excellent benefits, a family-oriented atmosphere, and great work/home life balance.
We are proud of our dedication to client service and commitment to our staff. Some of our core values are listening, respect, integrity, empowerment, teamwork, and social responsibility. RPA offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages collaboration and creativity.Depending on the applicant, the position may be Regular Full Time with benefits, or Temporary/Part-time with no, or pro-rated, benefits. For more information on our benefits and applicability, please inquire within.
The following are primary responsibilities of the position:
- On-site construction observation of civil engineering projects.
- Confirmation of conformance with design drawings and specifications.
- Field documentation and reporting.
- Quality control, basic surveying, and testing.
- Coordination with contractors, clients, and engineers.
Individual qualities that the company looks for are self-motivation, intelligence, common sense, industriousness, and the ability to communicate and work well with others. We will consider applicants of all experience levels but are most focused on qualified individuals who exhibit strong technical knowledge with a willingness to learn. The following are desired qualifications:
- Associates degree in construction engineering technology or related field, and two (2) years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of recognized training and certification desirable.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans.
- Knowledge of current construction practices and specifications.
- Ability to work independently and make judgments on site.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of field tools such as nuclear moisture-density gauge, laser levels, surveying equipment, and testing equipment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- A positive attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our employee-owned culture and alignment with our Core Values.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume along with application to: firstname.lastname@example.org